Filled Chocolate Oreo donuts with Oreo cream, crushed Oreos and shiny chocolate glaze (and even more Oreos).
Whenever I make something with Oreos the entire kitchen smells of them. When I take the photos for the blog and Instagram the Oreo scent is wafting up to my nostrils and I want to shove them all down my throat. (It’s not my fault!)
I think the people who make the Oreos do this on purpose! Isn’t it enough that Oreos are addictive in themselves already?
It’s like a bowl of popcorn. You eat just one and you end up eating it all.
If you are an avid Oreo eater/addict you will like these donuts. They scream Oreo top to bottom…well almost.
The filling, a cream of mascarpone and cream cheese is loaded with ground Oreos. They are ground because it’s easier to pipe and fill the donuts.
Make sure you buy the cream cheese and mascarpone in the full fat version.
The diet can wait for another day! ;-)
You will also need a donut pan. I used the Wilton Doughnut Tin. I got it so long ago I can’t even remember when I bought it.
While I love fried donuts, I prefer the baked version at home. If you ever made fried donuts at home you will know why! (Hint: terrible greasy smell in the house all day)
Another reason why I like baked donuts is that they are made super quick and usually don’t even require a mixer. Because of the small quantities it’s perfect for hand whisking and that means little mess in the kitchen.
Make sure you grease your donut pan well this helps removing the donuts from the pan after baking. I always pour a small amount of oil in a cup and then brush the donut cavities.
Recipe Filled Chocolate Oreo Donuts
- 30 grams butter
- 55 grams dark chocolate
- 80 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 large egg
- 80 grams flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 100 grams mascarpone
- 100 grams full fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 4 to 5 ground Oreos (with filling)
- plus extra Oreos for decoration
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 60 grams butter
- 1/2 teaspoon golden syrup/light corn syrup
- Brush the donut cavities with a little bit of oil. Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a bowl melt the butter and the chocolate. Leave to cool slightly.
- Add the sugar, oil and egg and whisk to combine.
- Next add the flour, salt, cocoa, baking powder and a bit of the milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- With two teaspoons carefully fill the donut cavities making sure not to cover the middle. You can fill the cavities to almost fill.
- Bake for 10 minutes and leave to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Combine the mascarpone, cream cheese and icing sugar and whisk.
- Add the ground Oreos and whisk again until well blended.
- Fit a piping bag with a large round nozzle and fill the bag with the cream.
- Carefully half each donut with a sharp knife and put one half aside (don't throw away!).
- Fill each donut with the cream and add a few coarsely crushed Oreos on top.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Stir in the syrup and mix to combine.
- Leave to cool and thicken slightly.
- Once the glaze has thickened a little dip the second half of the donut in the chocolate and carefully remove. (You can use a spoon to glaze the donuts if you don't want the chocolate all over your fingers. Simply lay the unglazed donut half on the filled donut and spoon the glaze over the donut.)
- Decorate with a few crushed Oreos.
- Chill the donuts for 30 to 60 minutes.